Thursday, October 24, 2013

Bouchon Chocolate Cookies!

Williams-Sonoma sucked me into their store this week with an email proclaiming a Halloween products sale.  I did get a cool skull pan with a red velvet mix from Ad Hoc.  But what I really got was a LOT of goodies to try.  I'm really not much for mixes-- I mainly make everything from fresh ingredients.  But I really wanted to try some of these enticing high-end looking mixes they had around the store.  Mind you, they have price tags to match.


I love going to Bouchon in Yountville.  And their bakery next door is my favorite bakery anywhere.  Yuuuuuummmmm.  Oh, it has been too long.  So when I found their baking mix, I had to try it.


These are not chocolate chip cookies for your kids.  These are very dark, almost bittersweet.  They are very rich, dense, and tender.  They go well with a full bodied cup of coffee for a mid morning pick-me-up.


Or a glass of this over the top milk.  If you haven't tried organic milk packed in glass, you need to do it!  Why, oh why, did we ever switch to plastic jugs?  You can absolutely taste the plastic.  But I warn you, it's hard to go back to plastic after you've tried the glass!






No comments:

Post a Comment