Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Art of Frankenweenie



If you love miniatures, 

           like I love miniatures. . .


Then you shouldn't miss the Art of Frankenweenie exhibit that is showing now at the California Adventure themepark at Disneyland in Anaheim, CA.  The show continues until Nov. 5th.  Then it moves on in an international tour.  Here's some press on it.


I have to admit that when Disney began the campaign for Frankenweenie, I was very skeptical.  We went to Disneyland on Oct. 18 for the Halloween party.  In California Adventure Park, a trailer is showing in 4D at the Muppet Theatre, which was really fun to see.  And an exhibit of the models is in the main lobby of the Animation Studios.  First, this movie is stop-motion, which I did not realize.  And the detail is amazing.  And I mean, every little thing.

From the left, each facial expression modeled.   And all those little clogs, plus fabric swatches, and the detail on the dress.  I really am hoping this is one movie they do some cute marketing for, because I would like a doll. . .

Another example of awesome costuming in miniature and following the grayscale theme.

Here are some of the actual little "dolls."  Just wow. . .

And here are some of the scenes that were set up--

These are not pictures, but actual little models-- aka dolls in room boxes.
This kitchen is so cute with the lighting and all the little details on the counters.

The lab was interactive with switches below to turn on and off different electrical circuits.
A Burton-esque Atomic family.

If you get the chance to see this exhibit, I highly recommend it.  And now that I know what is in the movie, I can't wait to fit it into our busy schedule of Halloween happenings.  First, I have to get over this case of vertigo that I got in Disneyland.    Oooohhhh uuuhhhh.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment